Service measured not by GOLD,
                           but by the GOLDEN RULE

Service measured not by GOLD,
          but by the GOLDEN RULE

330.262.7771

WOOSTER “ Colleen J. œNana  Watson, 88, of Wooster passed away on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at Ohio ™s Hospice LifeCare in Wooster.
She was born June 27, 1930 in Maysville, Oklahoma, the daughter of A.J. and Maud Moore Oldacre.   She married James H. œPeeWee  Watson on November 6, 1953.   He preceded her in death on October 28, 2009.
Colleen moved to Wooster in 1960 and had worked in the cafeteria at Edgewood Junior High School in Wooster for 15 years.   She was a member of the Wooster United Methodist Church.   Colleen loved doing crafts and sewing.
Surviving are her children, Kim Hershberger and Brad (Loretta) Watson both of Wooster; grandchildren, Aaron (Ashley) Hershberger, Amy (Eric) Hendricks, Seth (Ashley Jo) Hershberger, Krystal (Justin) Sloan and Cody (Hayley) Watson and 11 great-grandchildren with one on the way; a brother, Bob (Yvonne) Oldacre of Tulsa Oklahoma.
In addition to her husband she was preceded in death by her parents and 9 brothers and sisters.
There will be no calling hours and private family services will be held.   Burial will be in the Wooster Cemetery.
McIntire, Bradham & Sleek Funeral Home, 216 E. Larwill St., Wooster is assisting the family.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.mcintirebradhamsleek.com.

Memorial Contributions

Service
Private family services will be held

Visitation
No calling hours

15 Comments

1. So sorry for all of you! Losing a parent/grandparent is never easy. I rejoice in the fact that she and mom are sharing a few laughs now. Love to you all!!!

2. My heart is heavy. Wishing y’all weren’t so far away so I could give you each a huge heartfelt hug. Love to each of you and the fondest memories of Aunt Bug. Kathy

3. My deepest Sympathies
    I loved Colleen dearly
    She was fun to talk too and had a wonderful warm heart and laugh!
    My prayers go out to the whole Family!
    Hugs to all!
    Tammy

4. On behalf of the Anna family I would like to extend our deepest sympathy. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

5. So sorry for your loss. Such a sweet lady! Had so much fun with her over the years at all the sporting events. She will be missed.

6. Our love to all your family from the family of J.Wendell

7. Our deepest sympathy. We loved Colleen aka Nana! She will be missed by all. Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

8. So sorry for your loss. I loved Colleen. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

9. We first met in 1960 when my family and the Watsons moved to Wooster. She was one of my moms(Josephine) best friends . I believe they first met through “Newcomers Club”. Pee Wee and Colleen along with Brad and Kim were close to our family and we shared many times together as we grew up in the 1960’s
    Colleen was such a sweet lady with a bit of a Southern drawl who was always fun to be around. My special sympathies to the Watson Clan.

10. Brad / Loretta

Thoughts and prayers from the Kraker’s are
    with you all

Mark Kraker

11. How I loved her!!!…I have so many cherished memories of this big Oldacre family..Aunt Bug was so much fun and her laugh was one-of-a-kind!!!!…I will forever miss her….You are all in my thoughts and prayers…keeping you close to my heart today and will be with you in prayer tomorrow..Jo Ellen

12. So sorry to hear of the passing of Colleen. She was a lovely person! I have many memories from way back – talks, coffee, laughs and Thanksgiving dinners. She will be missed! Love to her family.

13. Kim, Brad & family,
    I’m so sorry for your loss. I loved hanging out with your mom when I was younger. Kim, your mom was always so nice to me & I loved coming to your house. Always remember the sound of her voice in your mind & she will never be far from you.

14. So sorry to hear about your loss, Kim and family Your mom was a very special woman always a beautiful warm smile. Love and Prayers to all

15. So sorry to hear of Colleen’s passing. She will be greatly missed. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Submit a Comment