Service measured not by GOLD,
                           but by the GOLDEN RULE

Service measured not by GOLD,
          but by the GOLDEN RULE

330.262.7771

Rance D. Pea, 76, of Wooster passed away Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at his residence.

He was born on November 17, 1947, in Evansville, IN to Morris Dale Sr. and Regina Demeling Pea.  On September 7, 1968, he married Terry Gorman.  She survives.

Rance proudly served his country in the United States Air Force.  He retired from Schlumberger Well Services after 24 years of service and most recently he retired from Albright Welding Supply Company in 2017.  He enjoyed fishing, being in the outdoors, and loved spending time with family, especially his grandchildren.  Rance was a member of the New Pittsburg Sportsmen’s Club.

In addition to his wife Terry, he is survived by a son Andrew (Kathy) Pea of Wooster; grandchildren Liam Pea and Heather Jo Pea; brothers Morris Pea, Jr. of Evansville, IN and Gerald Pea of Ellenwood, GA; and a sister Mary Jo Wilson of Monrovia, CA.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

A Service of Remembrance will be held on Friday, March 15, 2024 at 12:00 PM at McIntire, Bradham & Sleek Funeral Home, 216 E. Larwill St., Wooster.  Inurnment will follow in the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery in Seville.

Friends will be received from 10:00 AM until the time of service on Friday.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be directed to Wooster Twp Fire & Rescue Association, 1917 Millersburg Rd., Wooster, OH 44691.

McIntire, Bradham & Sleek Funeral Home, 216 E. Larwill St., Wooster is assisting the family.

Online condolences may be left for the family at www.mcintirebradhamsleek.com

18 Comments

1. Terry and Family: I am so very sorry to learn of Rance’s death. I pray that he is at peace without pain, fear, or suffering. Bob and I loved having you as our neighbors and friends. I have many memories of Rance that I will cherish for a long time. Next time I am home, I will be certain to stop by to see you. Though it’s difficult right now, please remember that my family and I are always here for you. Much love— Wes and Bob🐶❤️

2. My heart aches for the loss of Uncle Rance. He always lit up the room with his laugh, his wisdom and joyous energy. Uncle Rances’ presence at all our family holidays/birthdays/gatherings is a vivid wonderful memory for me. From fishing with him at the 80 when I was a kid, to shooting guns at the Maudlins just a few years ago. Our family was better with him a part of it. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with Aunt Terry, Andy and the rest of the family in this time. Love -Tom

3. I wouldn’t be the woman I am today without having Rance as my grandfather. My love for him is endless, and I know his love for me was the same. There’s not many words I have now, but for my family and my grandfather’s friends, I know he loved us all. My heart hurts for you as much as it hurts for me, especially my grandmother Terry and my father Andy.

4. Terry and Andy ,sorry about the passing of Rance, he is a great guy steal.i don’t know when my family’s friendship started but it continued for along time. I hope he got to enjoy the pictures i sent ,there were alot of memories. i’ll never forget you guys,God bless and take care. Charlie , Louann,Ashley, Alex Allender

5. My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to hear of Rance’s passing. Praying for the entire family during this difficult time. Big hug to you, Terry. Love you very much

6. Rance was a great neighbor and friend, we will miss him. Our condolences. The Grimshaws

7. Our condolences to Terry,Andy, & family. We were saddened to hear about his death . Rance was a wonderful friend to us over the years we knew him. All the times we would meet @ restaurants, & the fun times on trips we had through Schlumberger . We cherish these memories. Heaven has received an angel. The Ways Larry & Pam

8. Thank you for your service. Condolences to the family.

9. So very sorry for you all. Love ya Sweet cousin Terry.

10. Andy, I am sorry for your loss and extended condolences to your family.

11. Prayers and condolences. So sorry for your loss Andy.
    Respectfully,
    Todd and Lisa Leininger

12. Prayers and condolences. So sorry for your loss.
    Respectfully,
    David and Bobby

13. So sorry to hear about Mr. Rance passing. I had the pleasure of Meeting and Working with him back in Laredo,Tx while working for Schlumberger. May your soul RIP. Prayers and Condolences to his family.

14. Terry,

Fran and I are very sorry to hear of Rances passing. I have thought of Rance and you over the years and wish we had stayed in touch. Rance and I had many great times together in high school that I will never forget, especially his old ’53 chevy with no second gear. RIP Rance.

15. Don and I are so sorry to learn of the passing of our longtime friend,Rance. Though distance has separated us for too many years, we never forgot our Schlumberger years together and the times our families spent together. All our love and sympathy to Terry, Andy and family.

16. Thank you to all who have left condolences. I can honestly say that this was good for my soul. Seeing comments from friends and family I haven’t heard from or seen in 20 or 30 years warms my heart thinking of all the good times we had, and the fact you still care.

For those of you whom I never met but knew dad, thank you too. It’s easy for me to forget that my dad had a life before I was around and after I left the house (Dad’s 53 Chevy sounds a lot like the 78 Blazer I had). I’m happy to know he had a full and wonderful life.

17. To Terry and family, and to Morris, Mary Jo and Jerry,

I was so very sorry to hear of Rance’s passing. We were next door neighbors on Conlin Avenue. So many wonderful memories of our growing up years flooded my mind after reading his obituary. He was a wonderful friend even though we hadn’t seen each other in years.

God’s Blessings to all of you. I am positive Rance left you with many special memories to cherish.

18. Mrs. Pea and Andy, please accept my condolences for your loss. All of you are in my thoughts.

Submit a Comment