In 1904, John Danford came to Wooster and purchased an interest in the Christine Brothers’ concern. In 1914 A.C. McIntire bought a third interest. After the Christine Brothers were no longer connected with the funeral parlor it became known as Danford, McIntire and Nixon Funeral Home. A few years later, Mr. Danford sold his interest and the firm became known as the McIntire and Nixon Funeral Home.
In 1928 A.C. McIntire became sole owner and in 1929 the residence at 216 E. Larwill St. was purchased from John Jameson M.D. and converted into a modern funeral home opening on Jan 30, 1930.
In 1942 W.W. Ted Mowrey, who had operated a funeral home in Apple Creek since 1925 became associated with McIntire. In 1949 Mr. Mowrey became sole owner. In 1946 Neal Maurer became associated with the McIntire Funeral Home and in 1961 he became the sole owner.
In 1969 Clifford Greene and in 1975 Thomas Davis became associated with the firm and in 1984 became co-owners of the McIntire Funeral Home. In 1985, the name was changed to McIntire, Davis & Greene Funeral Home to comply with state regulations. In the year 2000 Clifford Greene became sole owner of the McIntire, Davis & Greene Funeral Home.
In 1997 Christopher Bradham and in 2000 Mitchell Sleek became associated with the firm and in 2012 became co-owners of the McIntire, Davis & Greene Funeral Home. In that year, the name was changed to McIntire, Bradham and Sleek Funeral Home to comply with state regulations.
While names and faces have changed over the last century, the quality of care we provide to the families we are privileged to serve has remained the same.