Service measured not by GOLD,
but by the GOLDEN RULE
ASHLAND - Margery E. WEBSTER, 94, of Ashland passed away Tuesday, June 16, 2009 in Hospice House Hospital, Ashland.
She was born July 10, 1914 in Ashland the daughter of Ray and Bertha Knapp Arnold.
She was a graduate of Ashland College and a retired elementary school teacher having taught at Grant Street and Montgomery Schools in Ashland. Margery was an active member of the Trinity Lutheran Church where she served as Church Historian for many years, a state officer of the P.T.A., a lifetime member of the Historical Society, the Ashbrook Center and had received the Katzerjammer Award. She was an antique button collector, loved gardening and flowers, nature and birds and played the piano to accompany and for pleasure.
Surviving are sons, D. Stephen (Catherine) Webster of Wooster and Ned Webster of Ashland, a sister, Sarah Jane Lovall of Brevard, NC, grandchildren Mary (Arthur) Haan of Indianapolis, Melinda (Mark) Sattele of Hudson and Stuart (Allison) Webster of Wooster, 7 great-grandchildren and a special friend, Kyleigh Buhl.
Margery was preceded in death by her parents and husband, Daniel S. Webster, in 1986.
Friends will be received at the Trinity Lutheran Church, 508 Center St., Ashland one hour prior to the 11:00 A.M. Service on Saturday, June 20, 2009 with the Rev. Sanford Mitchell officiating. Interment will follow in the Ashland Cemetery.
McIntire, Davis & Greene Funeral Home, 216 E. Larwill St., Wooster is assisting the family with arrangements.
Contributions may be made to Hospice of North Central Ohio, 1050 Dauch Drive, Ashland, OH 44805 or Trinity Lutheran Church, 508 Center Street, Ashland, OH 44805 or Ashland Co. Historical Sciety, 420 Center Street, Ashland, OH 44805 or the John M. Ashbrook Center, c/o Ashland University, 401 College Ave., Ashland, OH 44805.
Hospice of North Central Ohio, Trinity Lutheran Church, Ashland Co. Historical Society, John M. Ashbrook Center
1 hour prior to the service at the church
Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. at the Trinity Lutheran Church, 508 Center Street, Ashland, OH 44805